Thursday, May 19, 2011

my family SUCKS sometimes

From here on out. I REFUSE to go home to visit my family if they do not make an effort to be apart of my life.

Since I graduated in 2005 (6 years ago), I have made countless efforts to be apart of my families lives. I have gone back for:

Christmas
Thanksgiving
Birthdays
Births
Baby Showers
Weddings
and just to say hey whats up.

When I am home, I visit my tio's my tia's my mom, my friends, and as many people as I can in the short time I am usually allotted

And yet I am told, "Why haven't you called your tio", "why are you not coming for this year for thanksgiving." Told that I need to make a better effort to call for birthdays and shit.

Now let me ask you..... how many of you have come to see me. In San Diego, Santa Cruz, or San Francisco.

The only time anyone has ever come to see me is when they needed a place to crash when they were passing through town, getting me out of jail, or helping me move. I am very grateful for the help, but as soon as the task was completed, they were gone sooner than they got here.

Not ONCE did they stop to see where I work, meet my friends, visit my school.

Can u tell me who my best friend is, cause Ive known her for 5 years now. tell me. FUCKING TELL ME.

I know where u work, ive probably been there, i make it to your parties, i meet your friends.

Well FUCK ALL OF YOU.

NO MORE. Im done with all your bullshit. you do not know what it is to be a family and I do not have the effort to teach you.

YOU WANNA BE APART OF MY LIFE? than fucking do it. Cause my patients just wore out and im done trying to be apart of yours.



3 comments:

  1. I know at least 5 of your friends and ummm a few of your boy toys lol does that count I will start naming them but i dont think you want me to not sure which one is your best cus i think you love them all very dearly. Anyway i know what you mean and i will make more of an effort i promise i love you and i will see you tomorrow woot woot!
    Shots will begin the minute i get there. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. I definitely go through cycles. It's hard to be the bigger person. You should only do it when you have the bandwidth. Don't wear yourself out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel you! My sister said I was selfish & wanted nothing to do with me AFTER I let her live with me for free for 7 months+. My dad has never been to either Cabrillo or UCSC, and he always find time to visit his girlfriends family in SAN JOSE, but can't manage to come 30 minutes to SC. My mom is the only one who gets a pass since I know if she had the money she would visit all the time. Phew! That felt good to get off my chest. Unfortunately I dont have your courage to tell them.......

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete